Sumlin family receives racist letter

Photo by VIA Charlene Sumlin’s Twitter

On Thursday night, Charlene Sumlin tweeted a picture of a racist hate letter received by the family. 

Thursday night, Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin’s wife, Charlene, took to twitter to show a letter which was sent to their household. According to Google Maps, the address from which it was sent can be traced back to the Houston Country Club.

Sumlin’s daughter, Shelby, international studies sophomore at Texas A&M also reacted on Twitter to the letter. 

The letter comes a few days after A&M’s 45-44 loss to UCLA, in which they blew a 30+ point lead heading into the fourth quarter.
Texas A&M President Micheal K. Young and Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward released a joint statement regarding the letter. 
“Earlier this evening, we became aware of a letter of unknown origin that was sent to the Sumlin family home. We unequivocally condemn this disgusting and threatening letter. There is no excuse for hatred and, as a community, we will not allow the ignorance of some to intimidate any member of our community.  On behalf of all Aggies, our thoughts are with Coach Sumlin and his family, and we will do all that we can to ensure their safety. We are working with law enforcement authorities to bring the sender of this letter to justice. We stand with the Sumlins and will not accept this inexcusable act of hate.”