Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Texas A&M regent would vote to fire Sumlin

Anthony Buzbee was appointed the Texas A&Ms Board of Regents in 2013 by former Governor Rick Perry.
Photo by Courtesy of Texas A&M University System

Anthony Buzbee was appointed the Texas A&M’s Board of Regents in 2013 by former Governor Rick Perry.

After the Aggie season opener turned into a heartbreaking one point loss, Texas A&M University System regent Tony Buzbee took to Facebook to air his concerns about Kevin Sumlin’s performance, stating that if it came down to it, he would vote for Sumlin to be fired.
Buzbee said in his post that while he has never said anything about Sumlin’s performance before, he thought this was something he had to say.
Kevin Sumlin was out-coached tonight, which isn’t new,” Buzbee wrote in the post. “He recruits well, but can’t coach the big games, or the close games.”
Buzbee said the players weren’t at fault, but that Sumlin’s leadership led to the Aggies’ defeat.
“Our players were better tonight,” Buzbee wrote. “Our players were more talented tonight. But our coaches were dominated on national TV, yet again.”