Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Texas A&M women’s vollyball hope to sweep Missouri

The No. 17 Texas A&M volleyball team will be looking for a season sweep of Missouri as the Aggies host the Tigers on Saturday at 7 p.m. at G. Rollie White Coliseum.
In its Big 12 opener, A&M (13-3, 6-2 Big 12) defeated Missouri (15-4, 6-4 Big 12) in a thrilling five set match, 30-28, 27-30, 23-30, 30-23, 15-13.
Since that match, the Aggies have been road warriors in Big 12 play, but have not quite gotten on track at G. Rollie White.
In Big 12 play, the Aggies are a perfect 5-0 on the road, and are 10-0 on the road for the season. At home however, the Aggies have just won once in three tries.
The Aggies are coming off a 30-27, 26-30, 30-25, 30-21 victory over Kansas in Lawrence, Kan., Wednesday.
Senior setter Jenna Moscovic led the Aggies, posting her fourth triple double of the season with 12 kills, 56 assists and a season-high 17 digs.
A&M senior outside hitter Michelle Cole led the Aggies with 17 kills and a .429 hitting percentage as A&M out-hit Kansas, .318 to .194. It was the best hitting percentage by the Aggies in Big 12 play this season.
Missouri is coming off a victory over No. 20 Colorado, one of the teams that defeated A&M at home, on Wednesday in Missouri, 30-26, 18-30, 30-23, 30-22.
The Tigers have won four straight matches and six of their last eight.
Senior Naaron Branson led the Tigers against Colorado, equaling a career high with 22 kills and also picked up seven digs. She committed only four errors on 33 attacks, good for a .545 hitting percentage.
Outside hitter Lisa Morris leads the Tigers in kills on the season, averaging 4.10 per game, while Branson leads the Tigers in digs with 3.24 per game.
The Aggies will host Kansas State on Monday at 7 p.m. at G. Rollie White in a game that was rescheduled due to the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington, D.C.