Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Texas primary voting registration deadline draws near

Photo by File

The deadline to register to vote in the November elections is Oct. 9. 

The deadline to register to vote in the 2018 Texas midterm elections is Feb. 5.
Texans who are U.S. citizens and will be 18 years old by March 6 can register to vote for the primaries. Voters who have previously registered do not need to register again unless they have not voted in the past four years, changed permanent residences, their name or political party.
Voters can register to vote in person at the voter registrar’s office in their county or by mail. Voting applications can be found at high schools, government offices, libraries or on the Texas Secretary of State’s website.
Voters who will not be in their county of residence on Election Day or during the early voting period can request a ballot by mail. Applications to receive a ballot by mail can be found online on the Texas Secretary of State’s website. These applications must be received by county voter registrar offices by Feb. 23.
To obtain an application to vote, visit https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/reqvr.shtml
To obtain an application for a ballot by mail, visit https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/reqabbm.shtml