Texas Tech police officer shot and killed, campus on lockdown

UPDATE: According to the The Daily Toreador, the shooter is in custody.
The Texas Tech University emergency communications center released an emergency notification at 6:23 p.m. stating that there was an a shooter on campus.
At approximately 9:32 p.m. Texas Tech social media account sent out an “ALL CLEAR” tweet. 
The Texas Tech account social media tweeted approximately 30 minutes ago at time of publication that a shooting was reported at the TTU Police Department, followed by a tweet 28 minutes later stating the situation is ongoing and to continue to shelter in place.
Chris Cook, managing director of communications and marketing at Texas Tech, said in a statement released by The Daily Toreador that the Texas Tech police made a welfare check this evening. When they entered the room the police found evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia . Officers brought the subject to the police station for standard debriefing, where he pulled a gun and shot an officer in the head. The officer is deceased.
Texas Tech announced at 7:20 that the suspect is still at large. The Battalion will provide updates as events progress.
Stay updated through the emergency alert system for TTU at emergency.ttu.edu or by following @TexasTech on Twitter.