Texas A&M players watch fireworks after Texas A&M’s game against Ole Miss on Friday, April 19, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
The sun will come out
The sun will come out
Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy CoxApril 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

LSU QB Jayden Daniels (5) runs with the ball during A&Ms game against LSU at Kyle Field on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. (Cameron Johnson/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first-round graded quarterback
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 21, 2024

As the 2024 NFL Draft in Detroit is closing in, a microscope gets placed on the prospects who play the sport’s most valuable position. Featuring...

The sun will come out
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Tim Green selected as 2024 Muster speaker

Respected veteran to speak at April 21 ceremony
Photo by Robert O’Brien

A candleholder sheds a tear at Muster in Reed Arena on Friday, April 21, 2023.

The Aggie Muster Committee announced retired US Air Force Maj. Gen. Tim Green as the keynote speaker for this year’s Muster ceremony.

While at Texas A&M, Green earned his bachelor in civil engineering in 1986. Later, he graduated in 1992 with his master’s degree. Green was a member of the Corps of Cadets and commissioned into the Air Force in 1987 through the ROTC program.

Portrait of Tim Green (via engineering.tamu.edu)

Prior to his retirement, he served as the director of the Air Force’s civil engineers and deputy chief of staff for logistics, engineering and force protection at headquarters in Washington, D.C. Green oversaw the organization, training and equipment of a 51,000-person engineering force and larger development of Air Force bases worldwide.

“Since retiring from active duty, Tim has continued his legacy of leadership as director of the George H.W. Bush Combat Development Complex at Texas A&M, steering groundbreaking national security initiatives,” the March 6 announcement reads. “His exemplary service perfectly embodies the Aggie Spirit.”

In an announcement video, Green said he is honored to serve as the campus Muster speaker.

“In my 31 year Air Force career, I celebrated Muster in five countries, one US territory and six states,” Green said. “Each setting different, each group different, but each a gathering of Aggies celebrating our time at A&M and remembering those who died the previous year.”

This year’s ceremony will honor the lives of over 60 fallen Aggies, according to the Muster Roll Call list.

“We do this because each of us — each of you — is valuable and valued,” Green said.” I hope you will join me at Reed Arena on April 21 as we softly call the Muster.”