76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Tim Green selected as 2024 Muster speaker

Respected veteran to speak at April 21 ceremony
Photo by Robert O’Brien

A candleholder sheds a tear at Muster in Reed Arena on Friday, April 21, 2023.

The Aggie Muster Committee announced retired US Air Force Maj. Gen. Tim Green as the keynote speaker for this year’s Muster ceremony.

While at Texas A&M, Green earned his bachelor in civil engineering in 1986. Later, he graduated in 1992 with his master’s degree. Green was a member of the Corps of Cadets and commissioned into the Air Force in 1987 through the ROTC program.

Portrait of Tim Green (via engineering.tamu.edu)

Prior to his retirement, he served as the director of the Air Force’s civil engineers and deputy chief of staff for logistics, engineering and force protection at headquarters in Washington, D.C. Green oversaw the organization, training and equipment of a 51,000-person engineering force and larger development of Air Force bases worldwide.

“Since retiring from active duty, Tim has continued his legacy of leadership as director of the George H.W. Bush Combat Development Complex at Texas A&M, steering groundbreaking national security initiatives,” the March 6 announcement reads. “His exemplary service perfectly embodies the Aggie Spirit.”

In an announcement video, Green said he is honored to serve as the campus Muster speaker.

“In my 31 year Air Force career, I celebrated Muster in five countries, one US territory and six states,” Green said. “Each setting different, each group different, but each a gathering of Aggies celebrating our time at A&M and remembering those who died the previous year.”

This year’s ceremony will honor the lives of over 60 fallen Aggies, according to the Muster Roll Call list.

“We do this because each of us — each of you — is valuable and valued,” Green said.” I hope you will join me at Reed Arena on April 21 as we softly call the Muster.”