The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Time for antiwar protests is over, troops now need support

To all the “American” protesters: shame on you. You all complain about war supporters talking trash about you, but this freedom of speech thing you talk about works both ways.
You may say you do not believe in the purpose of this war, and I may say I do not like you, because I certainly do not. As far as I am concerned, those who are still protesting are traitors to our country, and should be shipped to Iraq, where they can see firsthand the brutality of Saddam’s regime.
Furthermore, there comes a point when good judgment and respect should overcome your personal convictions. Think of how our troops feel, the very ones willing to die for any one of us, when they hear that Americans may not believe in their cause.
The time for protest is over. Shut up and support, or leave the United States. I quote Merle Haggard in saying “If you’re runnin’ down my country, man, you’re walkin’ on the fightin’ side of me.”
Ryan K. Rosborough
Class of 2002