76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

TRACK & FIELD: Aggies take to the track in Iowa

The Texas A&M track and field team will travel to Ames, Iowa, to compete in the 14th annual Iowa State Classic at Iowa State University’s Lied Recreation Center this weekend.
The meet will kick off at 3:30 p.m. Friday and conclude Saturday evening.Several Aggies rank in the top 10 of their events in the conference. Sophomore Fabrice Lapierre is currently No. 1 in the Big 12 in the long jump with a distance of 24-8.50.
Senior Ronnie Jimenez is No. 2 in the shot put after throwing for a distance of 60-9.25. Senior Josh Ralston has also shown incredible strength as he has yet to be defeated in the weight throw through three meets.
On the women’s side, sophomore Abby Ruston leads the way by ranking sixth in the Big 12 in the shot put after a throw of 49-6. Freshman Kasey Onwuchekwa is No. 9 with a throw of 47-5.75.
Junior Jamie Riojas is No. 6 in the Big 12 in the weight throw by throwing a distance of 56-3.50.
The Iowa State Classic is the Aggies’ last meet before the Big 12 Indoor Championships Feb. 27-28 in Lincoln, Neb.