Trespasser threatens victim with sexual assault

The Texas A&M University Police Department (UPD) made contact with a female victim of an alleged burglary with intent to commit sexual assault on April 10 at 11:20 a.m., according to the UPD press release.
According to the victim’s report, during the early hours of April 8 she woke up to a male voice in her dorm room of Gainer Hall dorm five. She heard the man talk about sexual contact with her and saw the man lying in her roommate’s bed. The victim grabbed a knife and the man approached her while threatening her with sexual assault. She told him to leave her room but the subject continued to approach her. The subject did not leave the room until the victim poked him with her knife.
The victim described the male as 5’06” to 5’09,” 180 to 200 pounds, wearing a light-colored sweatshirt or long-sleeved shirt.
The victim was not injured and chose to participate in the pseudonym program.
The case has been turned over to the Criminal Investigation team. The UPD requests that any information about this crime be sent to the them. Their phone number is 979-845-2345.