Two Texas A&M students in critical condition following near-drowning at Lake Bryan

Lake+Bryan
Photo by Photo Courtesy of bryantx.gov
Lake Bryan

Update: Texas A&M Student Nikhil Bhatia, a 24 year-old male, died due to the injuries he sustained in the near-drowning incident, according the Bryan Police Department. The other student, a female, remains in critical condition.
The City of Bryan Police Department released a statement Saturday night describing a near-drowning incident at lake Bryan.
“On August 26, 2017 just before 6:00 p.m. a Bryan Police Officer was patrolling Lake Bryan when he was flagged down,” the release said. “Two young adults, in their 20s, were swimming in Lake Bryan. An individual that was with them saw the two individuals in distress and swam out to rescue one of the victims. The Officer who arrived rescued the other and treated them at the scene until medical personnel arrived. Both victims were transported to CHI St. Joseph Hospital and are both in critical condition.”
According to BPD officials, the two individuals are Texas A&M students and both remain in critical condition. [As stated in the update above, one student has now died. The other remains in critical condition.]