Junior Adela Cernousek tees off during the Bryan Regional of the NCAA Women’s Golf Championship at Traditions Golf Club on Monday, May 6, 2024. (Chris Swann/ The Battalion)
Cernousek captures individual national title as Aggies advance to NCAA quarterfinals

It didn’t take long for Texas A&M athletics to add another accolade to its trophy case. Just a day after the Aggies’ women’s tennis...

WEEKEND PREVIEW

Thursday:
3rd Floor Cantina:
Tonight at 10 p.m. Alligator Dave and the Couch Band will be releasing their new CD. This Dallas/Fort Worth band is described as a pop rock, alternative version of 2 Live Crew that all the girls are crazy about. Cover charge is $5.
Big Pauly’s:
Acoustic singer Shane Walker and a special guest, Professor Scott Austin, will perform Texas country and blues music before opening the stage to the Austin-based band, Grass, at 10 p.m. There is no cover charge.
Crooked Path
Ale House:
At 9:30 p.m. Jay Goodin, a regular at the ale house, will perform classic rock covers with a splash of original acoustic rock. There is no cover charge.
Fitzwilly’s:
Honeybrowne will perform on the outdoor stage at 9:30 p.m. A fan of Honeybrowne’s unique sound attributes the band’s style to such genres as folk and grass roots, indicating as well as some country and rock influences. Perhaps difficult to define, the band’s eclectic sound is polished and passionate. Cover charge is $5.
Zapatos Cantina:
Wide Open Mic Night, hosted by Chad Boyd, will begin on the porch stage at 8:30 p.m. Musicians are invited to express themselves with cover songs or originals. There is no cover charge.
Friday:
3rd Floor Cantina:
Texas Twisters will perform an entertaining blend of classic rock and country music. This established local cover band will be showcased on the Cantina stage at 9:30 p.m. Cover charge is $5.
Big Pauly’s:
The local indie college band, Thanks for the Update, will perform at 9:30 p.m. There is no cover charge.
Fitzwilly’s:
Tracy Conover, described by one Fitzwilly’s employee as a “good-looking Stevie Ray Vaughn,” will captivate a crowd on the outdoor stage at 9:30 p.m. Cover is $5.
Sweet Eugene’s:
From 9 p.m. to midnight, latte-sipping coffeehouse guests can enjoy the soothing classic jazz sound of Big Apple Trio. Cover is $1.
Zapatos Cantina:
At 9 p.m., 6 Bridges will entertain guests on the porch stage with acoustic guitars and harmonization to familiar tunes by Jack-O-Pierce and Cowboy Mouth, as well as some originals. There is no cover charge.
Saturday:
3rd Floor Cantina:
At 9:30 p.m. the local rock, funk and folk band, Two Spy, will kick off the night with their energetic and melodic sound, inspired by artists ranging from Tori Amos to 311. After Two Spy’s performance local rock and alternative band, Sly Letter, will be showcased on the Cantina stage.This band’s original music is not only a favorite among locals but has recently appeared on MTV. Cover is $5.
Big Pauly’s:
Kickstand, a local band with an increasing fan base, will perform at 9:30 p.m. Kickstand’s musical flavor is described by one band member as “the early 90s Seattle sound.” There is no cover charge.
Fitzwilly’s:
Experience the intense, energetic music of Eden Automatic at 9:30 p.m. The band’s style is compared by a Fitzwilly’s employee to that of No Doubt. Cover is $3.
Sweet Eugene’s:
Music enthusiasts everywhere are encouraged to check out the rare talent of Rodney Brannigan, the “man with two guitars.” Visiting from Amarillo, Brannigan’s acoustic, alternative groove is yielded through complete mastery and unique manipulation of his musical instruments. Brannigan will play from 9 p.m. to midnight. Cover is $1.
Zapatos Cantina:
Local jam band, Easy Louie, will dazzle crowds at 9 p.m. with a unique and artistic sound, described by one fan as “Phish-esque.”
Last Free Exit fans will recognize the band’s former drummer, Bryan Beetle, again appealing to the music connoisseurs of College Station with this outstanding synergistic threesome. There is no cover charge.