Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Wilson named MSC president

Lindsey Wilson was named Memorial Student Center (MSC) president for the 55th MSC Council late last month after an interview process with seven council members and staff.
Wilson, a senior education major, will continue serving as executive vice president for human relations for the MSC Council until her official inauguration on April 19, 2004.
As president, Wilson will be responsible for overseeing the council, speaking with University administrators and leaders of student organizations and handling all internal and external MSC affairs. Wilson, who has been involved with the MSC Council for four years, decided to get involved because of the council’s great values.
“It is a place where I found out I really fit in,” she said.
Wilson decided to apply for president because she felt it was the best way she could serve the students.
“I put a lot of thought into where I wanted to be my last year at A&M, and I know how much passion I have for the MSC council,” Wilson said.
Current MSC Council President Elizabeth Dacus said Wilson was chosen because she is highly qualified for the position.
“She worked directly under me for two years and has done a fabulous job,” Dacus said. “I expect that she will deal well with any problems that come up and manage the council well.”
After inauguration, Wilson plans to maintain the new MSC Council structure, continue the commitment to diversity on campus and provide quality programming for students. Wilson also plans to write out a code of ethics for the MSC for the first time in MSC history.
“I want to show the University and students involved in the MSC that we value ethic behavior and that we are fully committed to making this an ethical organization,” Wilson said.
Wilson said until her inauguration, she will be working closely with Dacus to learn the position.
“I am going to try to learn to become the best MSC president before stepping into that role,” Wilson said.
Student Body President and senior accounting major Matt Josefy said he has known Wilson since his freshmen year and has full confidence in her abilities.
“She will bring enthusiasm and energy to her position,” he said. ” She is very dedicated to the MSC and Texas A&M.”