Woman Intentionally struck by driver

At approximately 3:10 p.m. Monday, the College Station Police Department and paramedics from the College Station Fire Department responded to reports of a major crash involving a Dodge Ram striking a pedestrian at the intersection of Texas Avenue and Harvey Road.

The paramedics arrived to find a 44-year-old female lying face-to-pavement in front of the Dodge Ram.

The victim stopped her vehicle in front of the truck traveling northbound to take a U-turn onto southbound Texas Avenue at the Harvey Road intersection.

The driver of the Dodge Ram exited his vehicle to aggressively reprimand and yell expletives at the woman attempting to take a U-turn, as there was a sign prohibiting U-turns at the intersection. The victim then exited her vehicle as the driver of the Dodge Ram re-entered his vehicle.

The victim stood several feet away from the front bumper to yell at the driver for enough time for him to see her.

The driver of the Dodge Ram accelerated his vehicle forward with the intentions of striking the victim — who stood several feet away from the front bumper — with his truck.

Michael Conrad Wolfenden, a 51-year-old resident of New Baden, Texas, was arrested on scene and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for knowingly and recklessly accelerating his vehicle to strike the victim, causing her bodily injury.

The victim was transported to Scott and White Hospital with non-fatal injuries.