Zachary Lawrence announced as 2015-2016 Head Yell Leader

Zachary+Lawrence
Cody Franklin
Zachary Lawrence

Zachary Lawrence will serve as Head Yell Leader for the 2015-2016 school year.
The decision was made official Wednesday in an email from the Department of Student Activities. Gerald Harris, assistant director, said in the release that Lawrence brings energy and experience to the position.
“Zach brings a wealth of experience, motivation and dedication to his new role and we are excited about his leadership for the up and coming year,” Harris said in the release.
Lawrence served as a Junior Yell Leader in the 2014-2015 school year and is a psychology junior. He said upon hearing the announcement, his reaction was difficult to put into words.
“I was excited, a little shocked, and just honored to be given the chance to do this,” Lawrence said. “I have the highest respect for the guys that have come before me like Patrick and Ryan and Nelson, and pretty much all of the Head Yell Leaders before me. I’ve looked up to them in the past, and it’s kind of amazing to be here today.”
Lawrence said he is looking forward to the next year and that he is still amazed sometimes at how far he has come.
“I’m really grateful for all my friends and family that have helped me to get to this point,” Lawrence said. “It’s kind of amazing to see, starting out college, where I was and coming into my senior year what I’m getting to do now.”
Patrick McGinty, 201-2015 Head Yell Leader, said Lawrence works to embody the core values of Texas A&M.
“I’m confident that he will make Aggies everywhere proud throughout his term as Head Yell Leader,” McGinty said. “I consider myself honored to pass the torch along to Zach, and I can’t wait to see this new group lead the 12th Man.”
The change in command is expected to take place around Muster on April 21st, which marks the final event for the Yell Leaders.