A call for your voice

Howdy Ags. 

Here at The Battalion, student voices are important. Both our writers and our readers often have opinions worth publishing. That is why we’ve decided to formalize the opinion section of our paper by introducing an official opinion editor — me. 

But this position is not about me. It’s about you, the reader. It’s about your reactions to what you see here published at The Battalion, and what you want to see. It’s about your educated thoughts both on and off campus. It’s about a sustained relationship between our publication and the voices it stands to represent. 

Not everyone will enjoy the content published through this desk. Because the editorials and columns published by this desk are not representative of The Battalion, or even of Texas A&M, conflicting sentiments will be expressed. And while we never aim to stoke a fire, controversy is a possibility.

What we do aim for is the truth, whatever form it may take. Whether it be sports, news, campus life or any of the other myriad of things The Battalion reports on, the opinion desk is here to provide honest, insightful takes on the world around us.

If you feel compelled, please write to us. I plan for this desk to be an outlet for reasoned opinion. If you have an opinion you think is worth publishing, email it to us for consideration at [email protected]. Consider the floodgates opened.

I’ll be doing all I can this semester to provide the best content possible, and I can’t wait to hear from and serve my fellow Aggies. 

Mason Morgan is an English senior and opinion editor for The Battalion.