College ends, memories last

PROVIDED

Jack Riewe, is the third Aggie in his family to receive a ring. He stands in front of John David Crow Statue on Ring Day last fall.

Aggieland will always be a place of memories. 
I will remember sweating in the student section during football games, riding my bike down military walk, spending countless hours on the fifth floor of Evans Library or learning that going to Sbisa isn’t necessarily as much about the food — it’s about catching up with friends after a long day. 
There are still some things I haven’t done — such as take a picture with Reveille and a yell leader or pond hop late at night — yet there are many accomplishments I can walk away with.
I aimed to inform students about life on campus by serving as the life and arts editor for The Battalion and wrote stories about our abundantly talented student body that always amazed me at what they can do. After 90 hours of brain-frying work, I earned my Aggie Ring, which I will cherish for the rest of my life. I have made life-long friends who will always be my fellow Aggies to reminisce with no matter where I’ll find them again in my life. I even made it on the campus Snapchat story once. But most importantly, I found a home. 
As a student, I learned many things in class, yet the university itself has taught me many things as well. A&M has taught me to celebrate traditions because that’s what makes us unique. A&M has taught me to be proud of where you are because you won’t be there forever. A&M has taught me that sticking your thumb up and saying “Gig ‘em” doesn’t just show you’re an Aggie, but someone who will always be a part of something bigger — a spirit that’ll ne’er be told. 
Even though A&M has taught me these things, I wish to pass on some advice to undergrads and future Aggies. Grades are important, but life experience is something that will resonate. Just because you go to one of the biggest colleges in the nation doesn’t mean you’re not unique — you can change something. College is a place to find your passion, and once you find it, use it to make a difference. It’s okay to second guess yourself. Change your major, find out what you like. College is the only place with the highest concentration of people your age, so take advantage of it and have fun. 
And remember: college doesn’t last forever, so don’t wait to learn something new. Find good friends and take advantage of this special time in your life.