Texas A&M is scrambling to implement changes for the new Title IX regulations by Aug. 1, with officials hoping the new rules will improve cases. Some victims aren’t so hopeful, however. (File photo by Cameron Johnson/The Battalion)
A&M scrambles to meet compliance for new Title IX rules by August
Stacy Cox, News Reporter • May 1, 2024

After being stalled for two years, the Biden-Harris administration established new Title IX regulations. All public institutions, including Texas...

Incoming Blinn transfer recounts her Title IX experience
Nicholas GutteridgeApril 25, 2024

Editor’s note: This article contains detailed descriptions of sexual assault that may be uncomfortable to some readers. Reader discretion is...

Nervous about graduating? Opinion writer Nihan Iscan says there are great opportunities in not knowing your ideal career role. (File photo by Meredith Seaver)
Opinion: Embrace the unknown after graduation
Nihan Iscan, Opinion Writer • April 28, 2024

Graduation countdown has begun, and if you are anything like me, you're probably dealing with a whirlwind of emotions ranging from excitement...

Letter to the Community: Upcoming opportunities to have your voice heard in city planning process

Provided
Texas Avenue and University Drive Redevelopment Plan

You once again have the opportunity to be involved in the City of College Station’s planning process, this time for a small area redevelopment plan near Texas A&M. City staff will be on campus in January and February to have discussions with students, faculty and staff about the future of the area, what things they want to see more of in College Station and how we as a community can make that happen. This is your chance to directly influence the creation of a new district that will benefit College Station residents and the  A&M community for generations to come. Participation is open to all, and snacks will be provided. The events are open-house style, so you can come and go as your schedule allows.

Wednesday, Jan. 25, from 12-1:30 p.m. in MSC 2406 A

Monday, Feb. 13, from 6-7:30 p.m. in MSC 2406 B

The Texas Avenue & University Drive Redevelopment Plan is engaging interested community members in a process to imagine the area with a new distinct identity that welcomes visitors and residents into the City of College Station, incorporates vertical and horizontal mixed-uses, supports existing commercial uses and provides a greater mix of housing options to support the growing population seeking to live, work and play near A&M. Planning is how we collectively make decisions about the future of our city. The goal of planning is to create equitable, healthful, efficient, economically viable and attractive places for current and future generations. Effective planning ensures that future development and redevelopment occurs where, when and how the community needs and desires. The Texas Avenue & University Drive Redevelopment Plan allows for a closer look into the existing conditions, trends and development pressures within this specific area of the city. The collective input of everyone involved in the planning effort is compiled, evaluated for feasibility, prioritized and put in context of the city’s goals that live within the Comprehensive Plan. The result of this effort is a Redevelopment Plan with specific actions and measures to be implemented by the city and private development over the next five to ten years to realize significant changes within the Texas Avenue and University Drive area.

To learn more, visit cstx.gov/TexasUniversity. If you have additional questions or want to be more involved, please reach out to me at [email protected] or 979-764-3570. Thank you for your participation and civic engagement.

Matthew Ellis, Class of 2022, is a staff planner for the City of College Station.