Staff Picks: Aggie traditions

Katy+Stapp
Photo by Wesley Holmes

Katy Stapp

Penny on Sully
“I owe a lot of my success on exams to putting a penny at Sully’s feet — a tradition many Aggies partake in for good luck on exams.”
Katy Stapp, English senior, Editor-in-chief
12th Man
“The 12th Man tradition is my favorite because it exemplifies A&M’s preference for the collective Aggie family over individuals — except for Johnny, of course.”
Sam Scott, telecommunication and media studies senior, Web/social Media Editor
Midnight Yell
“No other school could get 40,000 students in a stadium at midnight to practice yelling. Plus, if you’re not like me and can get a date, I hear it’s even better.”
Trey Reeves, communication sophomore, Content Editor
Whooping
“I love how Aggies can bang the ‘hullabaloo caneck caneck’ rhythm anywhere, and we know an Aggie is nearby when we hear a loud ‘whoop!’”
Vanessa Peña, wildlife and fishery sciences senior, Photo Chief
Aggie Ring
“Why wouldn’t the Aggie Ring be my favorite tradition? It’s a fine piece of jewelry — and it’s proof I worked hard to get my education.”
Meredith Collier, English and communication senior, Page Designer
Century Tree
“Freshman year I walked under the Century Tree with my best friend. Through the past three years of college, we’ve remained best friends and will continue to be for the next 97 years.”
Olivia Adam, mathematics senior, Page Designer

• Sam Scott

Photo by Wesley Holmes
  • Trey Reeves

Photo by Wesley Holmes
  • Vanessa Peña

Photo by Wesley Holmes
  • Meredith Collier

Photo by Wesley Holmes
  • Olivia Adam

Photo by Wesley Holmes