2022 recruiting class makes history

Kyle+Field
Photo by Photo by Kaylee Cogbill
Kyle Field

History has been made, and Texas A&M has officially compiled the best recruiting class ever documented in the modern era of recruiting.

During the fourth quarter of the 2022 Under Armour All-American Game, 5-star linebacker Harold Perkins decided to join the No. 1 class in the nation. Perkins, out of Cypress, is the No. 1 player in Texas and the No. 5 player in the nation, according to 247 Sports.

Perkins’ commitment increased A&M’s 247’s recruiting composite points to 328.82, topping Alabama’s 2021 recruiting point total of 327.76.

Perkins said he committed to A&M for College Station’s close proximity to Houston, and because it was a good fit for him as a player.

“I just felt like it was right for me and my family,” Perkins said. 

Perkins was one of 16 Aggies who participated in the UA All-American Game and will officially ink his college decision on National Signing Day on Feb. 2.

However, A&M’s 2022 class is not done yet.

Omari Abor, a 4-star edge who committed to Ohio State at halftime of the UA game, revealed he would still like to take a visit to A&M before National Signing Day. In addition, A&M prospect and 5-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart will announce his college decision on National Signing Day.