A look back at the Aggie draftees’ careers

AJ+Minter
AJ Minter

Five players from the 2014-2015 Texas A&M baseball team were drafted in the 2015 MLB Draft. Here is a look back at their great careers in Aggieland. 

AJ Minter

Minter was drafted in the second round of the MLB draft by the Atlanta Braves as the 75th overall pick. The left-handed pitcher saw his junior season end prematurely due to an unfortunate elbow injury. Before the injury, Minter started four games for A&M in which he posted a 0.43 ERA and had 29 strikeouts. Throughout the duration of his career, Minter compiled a 2.01 ERA, two saves and 69 strikeouts in 58.1 innings.

Grayson Long

Long was selected by the Los Angeles Angels in the third round as the 104th overall pick. The A&M junior put together quite an impressive resume for himself in his time with the Aggies, namely earning All-SEC Second Team honors this season. Over the span of the pitcher’s tenure with Texas A&M, he racked up a 19-5 record with a 3.08 ERA and 199 strikeouts in a total of 231 innings.

Blake Allemand

Allemand was the third Aggie to be taken in the 2015 draft. The Milwaukee Brewers selected Allemand in the fifth round as the 151st pick. The senior left his mark on A&M baseball by finishing his career ranked fourth in games played and 10th on the all-time hit list, with 241. In addition to his name being among the all-time ranks at Texas A&M, Blake recorded 148 runs, eight home runs and 105 RBIs during his career. After coming to College Station as a preferred walk-on, Allemand can now look back on his career with pride.

Logan Taylor

On the last day of the draft, Logan Taylor was picked by the Seattle Mariners in the 12th round as the 365th overall selection. Taylor led the Aggies this year in home runs and RBIs with 10 and 52, respectively.The Aggie outfielder was also named ALL-SEC Second Team and honored with the All-American Third Team distinction from the NCBWA. For his career, Taylor had a batting average of .293 with 36 runs, 10 home runs and 77 RBIs.  

Matt Kent
Kent was the fifth Aggie to be selected in the 2015 Draft. The Boston Red Sox selected the left-handed pitcher in the 13th round as the 381st overall pick. The junior shined in this year’s postseason, beginning in the SEC tournament where he went 3-0 with a 0.59 ERA and only allowed two runs on the way to throwing 26 strikeouts. His success continued on into the postseason and he was named the MVP of the NCAA College Station Regional. For his career, Kent went 14-5 with two saves and a 3.14 ERA.

• Grayson Long

• Blake Allemand

• Logan Taylor

• Matt Kent

• Aggie shortstop Blake Allemand

Photo by Photo by Tim Lai