Aggie Basketball signs JUCO transfer guard Brandon Mahan

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Head coach Billy Kennedy

The Texas A&M men’s basketball program announced the signing of JUCO transfer Brandon Mahan for the 2018-19 season. Mahan comes to A&M after averaging 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds per game at Chipola College last season. 
“I’m excited to add Brandon to our program,” A&M head coach Billy Kennedy said. “He’s an outstanding shooter who can also score off the dribble. He made 88 3-pointers in one of the best junior college leagues in the country. His size and athleticism make him a great fit for the SEC. He’s got great upside and comes to Texas A&M with three years of eligibility.” 
Mahan selected Texas A&M over Auburn, Cincinnati and Ole Miss, among others. The 6-foot-5 guard attended Central Park Christian School in Birmingham, Ala., before playing at Chipola where he shot 50.9 percent from the field and 50.3 percent from behind the 3-point arc. 
Mahan is eligible to play in the 2018-19 season and is the second junior college player signed by Billy Kennedy this spring. Wendell Mitchell of Trinity Valley Community College signed earlier with A&M earlier this month.