Aggie fans will get another year of Danuel House, who will stay for his senior season

Danuel House will return to A&M for his senior season.
By Tim Lai

After coming up just shy of an NCAA tournament bed, the A&M men’s hoops team found the silver lining Monday — guard Danuel House will return for his senior season.
There was speculation that House, who missed the end of the regular season with a foot injury, would decide to declare for the NBA draft this June.
The junior University of Houston transfer lit up Reed Arena this season, earning All-SEC First Team honors and leading the Aggies with 14.8 points per game. He hit more than 40 percent of his 3-point tries.
House announced his decision at Monday’s team banquet.
“I’ve made the decision to come back for my senior year,” House said. “I’m looking forward to competing for a championship next season and getting my degree.”
House will lead returners Jalen Jones, Alex Caruso, and Alex Robinson, among others. Also, the Aggies will be joined by highly touted signees Elijah Thomas, Tyler Davis, DJ Hogg and Admon Gilder.
With Kentucky losing seven players to the draft, the SEC appears to be a little more open than before. Next season could be the Aggies’ chance at grasping an SEC title.

• Danuel House at a home game against Auburn.

Tanner Garza