Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Staying hot in the cold

A&M women’s swim & dive picks up another road win over TCU
Photo by Photo by Chris Swann/The Battalion

Senior swimmer Abby Grottle prepares to dive during the 2023 Art Adamson Invitational at the Texas A&M Natatorium on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2023. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Though temperatures have begun to drop, the No. 11 Texas A&M women’s swimming & diving team stayed hot and extended its win streak with a 176-116 victory over TCU on Friday, Nov. 12. 

Continuing their road meet trip to begin the new year, the Maroon and White were fresh off a win at Houston and picked up where they left off with a first place win in the 200-yard medley relay. Headlined by freshmen Miranda Grana and Hannah O’Leary with seniors Olivia Theall and Jordan Buechler, they clocked in at one minute and 42.02 seconds.

Sophomore Rachel Love added onto the early lead for the Aggies with a first place finish in the 1,000-yard freestyle, touching the wall at 10:06.39.

The sprint-freestyle events were dominated by senior Chloe Stepanek as she finished first in both the 100-yard and 200-yard freestyle, with times of 50.32 and 1:48.21, respectively.

Kicking off her individual events, Grana started off hot with a win in the 100-yard backstroke, finishing at 53.22. Junior Kaitlyn Owens was right behind her, touching the wall at 55.23 and nabbing second place.

A&M saw its first 1-2-3 finish in the 200-yard butterfly as freshman Katie Walker notched the top-spot with 2:00.78 while juniors Sarah Holt and Joelle Reddin touched the wall shortly after at 2:05.04 and 2:05.79, respectively. 

On the heels of sweeping the diving events against Houston, sophomore Joslyn Oakley dived into first place again as she swept the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events with scores of 395.80 and 337.15. Sophomore Mayson Richards scored a second place score in 1m diving with a score of 347.00 to push the lead for the Maroon and White.

A&M continued its dominance in backstroke as junior Aviv Barzelay grabbed first place in the 200-yard backstroke with 1:59.87. Senior Abigail Ahrens secured second place with 2:00.92 to score a 1-2 finish for the Aggies.

Grana picked up where she left off as she won another event in the 100-yard butterfly, touching the wall at 54.61 while Walker finished right behind her at 56.08.

Senior Abby Grottle grabbed the last distance event for the Aggies with a first place finish in the 500-yard freestyle at 4:57.82.

Theall showed off with second place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle and 100 freestyle with 23.37 and 51.63 and closed out with a strong first place showing in the 200-yard individual medley at 2:03.16.

Next up, the Maroon and White will finish their last road meet of the trip with a dual-meet matchup against LSU on Jan. 20 at 10 a.m.