A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Staying hot in the cold

A&M women’s swim & dive picks up another road win over TCU
Photo by Chris Swann/The Battalion

Senior swimmer Abby Grottle prepares to dive during the 2023 Art Adamson Invitational at the Texas A&M Natatorium on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2023. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Though temperatures have begun to drop, the No. 11 Texas A&M women’s swimming & diving team stayed hot and extended its win streak with a 176-116 victory over TCU on Friday, Nov. 12. 

Continuing their road meet trip to begin the new year, the Maroon and White were fresh off a win at Houston and picked up where they left off with a first place win in the 200-yard medley relay. Headlined by freshmen Miranda Grana and Hannah O’Leary with seniors Olivia Theall and Jordan Buechler, they clocked in at one minute and 42.02 seconds.

Sophomore Rachel Love added onto the early lead for the Aggies with a first place finish in the 1,000-yard freestyle, touching the wall at 10:06.39.

The sprint-freestyle events were dominated by senior Chloe Stepanek as she finished first in both the 100-yard and 200-yard freestyle, with times of 50.32 and 1:48.21, respectively.

Kicking off her individual events, Grana started off hot with a win in the 100-yard backstroke, finishing at 53.22. Junior Kaitlyn Owens was right behind her, touching the wall at 55.23 and nabbing second place.

A&M saw its first 1-2-3 finish in the 200-yard butterfly as freshman Katie Walker notched the top-spot with 2:00.78 while juniors Sarah Holt and Joelle Reddin touched the wall shortly after at 2:05.04 and 2:05.79, respectively. 

On the heels of sweeping the diving events against Houston, sophomore Joslyn Oakley dived into first place again as she swept the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events with scores of 395.80 and 337.15. Sophomore Mayson Richards scored a second place score in 1m diving with a score of 347.00 to push the lead for the Maroon and White.

A&M continued its dominance in backstroke as junior Aviv Barzelay grabbed first place in the 200-yard backstroke with 1:59.87. Senior Abigail Ahrens secured second place with 2:00.92 to score a 1-2 finish for the Aggies.

Grana picked up where she left off as she won another event in the 100-yard butterfly, touching the wall at 54.61 while Walker finished right behind her at 56.08.

Senior Abby Grottle grabbed the last distance event for the Aggies with a first place finish in the 500-yard freestyle at 4:57.82.

Theall showed off with second place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle and 100 freestyle with 23.37 and 51.63 and closed out with a strong first place showing in the 200-yard individual medley at 2:03.16.

Next up, the Maroon and White will finish their last road meet of the trip with a dual-meet matchup against LSU on Jan. 20 at 10 a.m.