Aggie Football to offer free admission to Harvey victims and volunteers

Kyle+Field
Kyle Field

Thursday morning, Texas A&M athletics announced that along with the 12th Man Foundation they will be offering free admission to the first two home games for victims, first responders and anyone that has helped in relief efforts following Hurricane Harvey. 
Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward said the decision to provide free admission to offer a form of distraction for victims and to show appreciation to those who have dedicated time to help saving those in distress. 
“Texas A&M University has always stood ready to help when called upon, and the events in Texas and the Gulf Coast present another opportunity for us to lend a hand,” Woodward said to 12thman.com. “We want to provide a brief reprieve to all of those affected by this tragedy, as well as extend an expression of gratitude to all of the first-responders and volunteers that are working so hard to help the region return to normalcy.”
The two games include next Saturday’s home opener on Sept. 9 against Nicholls State, at 6 p.m and the Aggies’ following home game against Louisiana-Lafayette at 11 a.m.
Visit  http://12thman.com/bthoharvey for details.