Aggie softball hoping to bounce back against Stephen F. Austin Wednesday

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Freshman Baylee Klingler throws the ball to junior Kelly Martinez to get a runner out on second base.

The Texas A&M softball team will host the Stephen F. Austin Ladyjacks in a matchup at Davis Diamond on Wednesday at 5 p.m.
This past weekend at the Jane B. Moore Field, the Aggies lost all three of their games in the SEC road series against No. 20 Auburn. A&M grabbed early leads in all three games but was unable to maintain them, losing the first game 7-6, the second game 8-1 and closing out the series with a 12-4 loss.
However, the Aggies had various highlights throughout the Auburn series. During the second game on Saturday, junior Blake-Ann Fritsch posted her first career home run. Also noteworthy was senior Riley Sartain, who posted her sixth two-run homer of the season during the final game of the series.
Junior Kelbi Fortenberry is the Aggies’ top hitter with a .457 batting average. As for the A&M defense, Payton McBride leads the way with a 3.41 earned run average.
The Ladyjacks are coming off of a three-game series against McNeese State University this past weekend. SFA won the first game 7-0 but lost 8-2 in the second matchup and recovered in the final game with a 4-3 victory. Especially noteworthy for the Ladyjacks was senior Margarita Corona, who hit her fourth homer of the season during the first game of the series.
Corona is also the Ladyjacks’ top hitter, as she has a .333 batting average. Freshman Kassidy Wilbur leads the defense in pitching with a 2.16 earned run average.
The Aggies will face the Ladyjacks on Wednesday at Davis Diamond. The game will be televised on SEC Network and the first pitch is set for 5 p.m.