Aggie softball hosts Sam Houston State Wednesday

Softball
Photo by Photo by: Brian Okosun
Softball

The No. 23 Texas A&M softball team aims to improve its record to 5-1 when they host Sam Houston State Wednesday at the Aggie Softball Complex.
The Aggies are coming off a weekend in which they faced No. 7 UCLA, Colorado State and Wichita State. A&M is currently 1-1 with the Bruins for the season.  
After a standout performance in the Aggie Classic, freshman Keeli Milligan earned SEC Freshman of the Week. Milligan earned league honors by stealing eight bases and hitting 9-for-18 for the weekend in her debut.
Meanwhile, the Sam Houston State Bearkats head to College Station looking for the first win of their season. SHSU previously played in the Islander Classic hosted by A&M-Corpus Christi, and  were defeated by Louisville, Iowa and A&M-Corpus Christi.
Last Season, the Aggies hosted the Bearkats at the Aggie Softball Complex. A&M defeated Sam Houston State 9-1 in five innings. Sophomore Tori Vidales led the charge for the Aggies when up at the plate — totaling three hits, two RBIs in three plate appearances along with scoring three runs.
Texas A&M will host Sam Houston State Wednesday at the Aggie Softball Complex starting at 6 pm. The match-up will be televised on SEC Network Plus.