Destination Bryan
Destination Bryan

Destination Bryan
Destination Bryan

Aggie volleyball finishes road trip with win over Rebels

Photo by Photo by Aimée Rodriguez

The Aggies defeated Ole Miss in four sets Sunday afternoon.

The A&M volleyball team capped off its three-game road stretch with a 3-1 (25-12, 21-25, 25-20, 25-18) win over Ole Miss Sunday afternoon.

The Aggies (10-6, 4-1 SEC) claimed their fourth straight win while also improving to 13-0 all-time against the Rebels (12-6, 1-4 SEC).

Junior outside hitter Kiara McGee led the attack for the maroon and white, finishing the game with a team-high 15 kills. Sophomore middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake had a strong performance as well, recording 14 kills while adding a team-high 8 blocks.

A&M raced out to an early 14-5 lead in the first set, cruising to a 25-12 win as the Rebels were held to a -.032 hitting percentage.

The Rebels would retaliate in set number two, however, as after four lead changes and the game tied at 15, Ole Miss went on a 4-1 run to create separation and claim a 25-21 victory.

After falling behind 10-8 in set three, the Aggies went on a 7-1 run taking the lead at 15-11 and junior setter Stephanie Aiple, who finished the game as the team leader in assists with 42, drilled home the game-winning kill.

A&M finally closed out the Rebels in set four, with Blake etching the game-winning kill to send the team home on another high note.
The Aggies will return home for the first time in over two and a half weeks when they host South Carolina (13-4, 1-4 SEC) this Friday with first serve set for 6:30 p.m.