Aggie volleyball finishes road trip with win over Rebels

Photo by Photo by Aimée Rodriguez

The Aggies defeated Ole Miss in four sets Sunday afternoon.

The A&M volleyball team capped off its three-game road stretch with a 3-1 (25-12, 21-25, 25-20, 25-18) win over Ole Miss Sunday afternoon.

The Aggies (10-6, 4-1 SEC) claimed their fourth straight win while also improving to 13-0 all-time against the Rebels (12-6, 1-4 SEC).

Junior outside hitter Kiara McGee led the attack for the maroon and white, finishing the game with a team-high 15 kills. Sophomore middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake had a strong performance as well, recording 14 kills while adding a team-high 8 blocks.

A&M raced out to an early 14-5 lead in the first set, cruising to a 25-12 win as the Rebels were held to a -.032 hitting percentage.

The Rebels would retaliate in set number two, however, as after four lead changes and the game tied at 15, Ole Miss went on a 4-1 run to create separation and claim a 25-21 victory.

After falling behind 10-8 in set three, the Aggies went on a 7-1 run taking the lead at 15-11 and junior setter Stephanie Aiple, who finished the game as the team leader in assists with 42, drilled home the game-winning kill.

A&M finally closed out the Rebels in set four, with Blake etching the game-winning kill to send the team home on another high note.
The Aggies will return home for the first time in over two and a half weeks when they host South Carolina (13-4, 1-4 SEC) this Friday with first serve set for 6:30 p.m.