Aggie women fall 72-64 to BYU in final game of the Tom Weston Invitational

The Texas A&M women’s basketball team has been tested early and often this season, as head coach Gary Blair was incredibly aggressive in his non-conference scheduling.

They were able to pass four of the first five of them, but they couldn’t keep the momentum going in the Aloha State, falling to BYU 72-64 in their second and final game of the Tom Weston Invitational.

In a season where the A&M senior trio of Courtney Williams, Courtney Walker and Jordan Jones have been the main contributors, they were held in check for the most part on Saturday night.

For the first time all season, none of the three were able to reach double figures in scoring. Jones and Williams each fouled out in the fourth quarter, and BYU’s Lexi Rydalch recorded a game-high 28 points.

The Aggies (6-2) still found themselves only trailing by one point with four minutes left in the game, but the Cougars pulled away at the end.

Senior Chelsea Jennings, who was named to the Invitation’s All-Tournament team, led A&M with a career-high 17 points. A&M exhibited an efficient offense in the first few games of the season, but they weren’t firing on all cylinders against the Cougars (6-3).
The Aggies will attempt to get back in the win column on Monday, as they take on Southern Methodist on Elementary School Day at Reed Arena. The game will begin at 11 a.m. and will be broadcasted on SEC Network.