Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Aggie women’s basketball to face Wake Forest in ACC/SEC Challenge

Photo by Kaili Gaston

Junior G Kay Kay Green (4) watching the ball during Texas A&M’s game against LSU at Reed Arena on Sunday, Feb. 05, 2023.

In year 2 of Joni Taylor’s tenure, Aggie women’s basketball will travel to Winston-Salem, North Carolina to face off against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in the ACC/SEC Challenge.
Texas A&M and Wake Forest have squared off once before, with the Demon Deacons upsetting the then No. 10 Aggies 53-46 in Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, US Virgin Islands at the Paradise Jam in 2007.
Wake Forest is coming off of a 17-17 season last year, advancing to the second round of the WNIT.
The Aggies finished the season 9-20 last year but signed multiple top-100 recruits like Kylie Marshall and Solè Williams, as well as landing impact transfers, like Arizona transfer Lauren Ware and Oregon transfer Endyia Rogers.