Aggies beaten by a single Razorback goal

Photo by Robert O’Brien

Sophomore F Maile Hayes (8) moves the ball downfield during the Aggies’ match against Mississippi State at Ellis Field on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022.

Texas A&M lost on Thursday, Sept. 29 to the Arkansas Razorbacks.
The single-goal showdown was determined by heavy defensive play. The Aggies only allowed six shots to be taken at their own net, but the Razorbacks were able to put one in after a corner throw that led to a header.
Texas A&M has lost four straight — two of those being at home — which is the longest losing streak this season. Coach G Geurrieri said after the game that the Aggies needed to keep a positive outlook despite the results.
“But again, the fact that we were in all of these games and we’re on the precipice of coming through on some big wins is something that we keep in a positive light,” Geurrieri said. 
This loss makes the Fightin’ Farmers 0-4-0 against SEC opponents. Making them second to last in the SEC West.
Texas A&M will try to break this difficult streak on Oct. 2 at 7 p.m. against Rice at Ellis Field.