Aggies in the NFL

Photo by PROVIDED
Aggies in the NFL

Johnny Manziel:
After Manziel earned his first career win against The Titans and fellow Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota, incumbent quarterback Josh McCown cleared all of the concussion protocol during practice last week. Head coach Mike Pettine decided to re-insert the veteran into the lineup against The Raiders this past Sunday, and McCown passed for 341 yards and two touchdowns in a 27-20 loss. The defeat dropped The Browns record to 1-2 and although McCown played well and gave his team a chance to win, Browns fans have to be anxious to see Manziel on the field again.
Ryan Tannehill:
Tannehill struggled against The Bills this past Sunday, breaking his 160 consecutive passes streak without an interception by throwing three interceptions en route to a 41-14 loss. The Bills, led by first-year starter Tyrod Taylor, started fast and never let up. Taylor played an efficient game, throwing for 277 yards and three touchdowns. One of those touchdowns was dished to LeSean McCoy, his first as a Bill. Miami head coach Joe Philbin was already on the hot seat coming into the season as Dolphin fans are looking to make the playoffs for the first time in seven years. This showing certainly did not help that cause.
Mike Evans:
Evans had his best game of the season in Houston in a 19-9 losing effort, grabbing seven balls for 101 yards and providing rookie Jameis Winston a reliable target that could really help a quarterback get adjusted to the NFL. Whenever Winston had some time in the pocket, he looked to the second year pro who amassed 17 targets in the game. Having Evans back should open up the offense for Winston and The Bucs down the road.
Martellus Bennett:
The Bears tight end had four of the seven completions that backup quarterback Jimmy Clausen threw on the day, gaining only 15 yards. Clausen got the start against The Seahawks because Jay Cutler sat out with a hamstring injury. Playing a backup against a vaunted Seattle defense proved too much for the struggling Bears, who were shut out 26-0 in Seattle to make them 0-3 on the season. Bennett should see an increase in targets once Cutler comes back from injury.