Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Aggies maintain losing streak with loss to Arkansas

Photo by Photo by Madeline Tesch

Freshman L/DS Ava Underwood (12) , Gradute OH Caroline Meuth (16) , Senior OH Ciera Hecht (17) , Redshirt Junior MB Madison Bowser (15) , Freshman OPP Logan Lednicky (9) and Gradute S Elena Karakasi (6) get ready for another set at Reed Arena on Sept. 25, 2022

Texas A&M fought closely and lost to Arkansas in a five-set battle, 3-2, on Wednesday, Oct. 20.
Freshman opposite hitter Logan Lednicky hit an astonishing 28 kills and 16 digs. The most on the team in both statistical categories, both marks were career highs for the young star Lednicky.
The first set stayed close as multiple times the Aggies and Arkansas locked the same scores. The Razorbacks pulled away and won the first set of the night 25-18. The Razorbacks did the same in the second set winning triumphantly with a 25-16 score.
The Razorbacks were up two sets on the Fightin’ Farmers, but graduate hitter Allison Fields and junior middle blocker Molly Brown played hard and won the third set for the Aggies. Lednicky started picking up steam as the Aggies attempted to mount a comeback. A&M won the third set 25-20
With a set-winning kill by Lednicky, the Aggies won the fourth set as well. With the game tied the fifth set was just in reach for A&M, but Arkansas would go on to win 15-11, winning the set and the game.
Head coach Laura Kuhn told 12thman.com that, despite the loss, she was happy with the Aggies’ determination.
“This team grinds,” Kuhn said. “I loved their response in sets 3 and 4, we just need to finish late in games.”
The Fightin’ Farmers will continue to battle to improve their SEC conference record when playing No. 16 Kentucky at Reed Arena on Oct 22 at 2 p.m.