Aggies reportedly have their new defensive tackles coach

David Turner
Photo by Photo via Mississippi State Athletics
David Turner

Mississippi State defensive line and assistant coach David Turner will be leaving the program to become Texas A&M’s defensive tackles coach, according to a report by beat writer Michael Bonner of the Clarion Ledger released Tuesday morning.

Turner will fill the fill the position that Mark Hagen left available after his departure to the University of Indiana.

Turner has coached in the SEC for the last 14 years and has 29 years of total coaching experience.

The Davidson College graduate has sent a numerous amount of his players to the NFL including players such as Pernell McPhee and Fletcher Cox.

The move to A&M comes just a month after head coach Dan Mullen promoted Turner to assistant coach.

In 2014 Turner helped the Bulldogs defense to attain 37 sacks which is the third-most in school history and the most sacks in a season since 1996. The defense led the nation in redzone defense, allowing only 19 touchdowns.
The addition is likely the final piece to the offseason coaching puzzle for Kevin Sumlin’s Aggies.