Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Aicha Coulibaly’s two-way play earns preseason All-SEC Second-Team honors

Photo by Kaili Gaston

Head coach Joni Taylor cheers for her team during Texas A&M’s game against LSU at Reed Arena on Sunday, Feb. 05, 2023.

After leading Auburn in scoring last season before transferring to Texas A&M, senior guard Aicha Coulibaly was selected to the preseason All-SEC Second Team by the media, her first in her career.
Coulibaly has racked up multiple SEC awards, starting with SEC Player of the Week in 2021 and was named to the 2022 and 2023 All-SEC Second Team.
The guard did it all for Auburn in the past two years, leading the Tigers in points, rebounds and steals. While in the transfer portal, Coulibaly was the No. 22-ranked transfer prospect. Coach Joni Taylor was able to sign the guard to College Station, saying she was one of the best two-way players in the conference.
“The passion that [Coulibaly] displays on the court is going to electrify Reed Arena,” Taylor said. “She has been one of the best two-way players in the SEC. Her experience and talent will have an immediate impact on our team.”