76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Ainias Smith named SEC Special Teams Player of the Week

Photo by Ishika Samant

Graduate WR Ainias Smith (0) returns a punt for a touchdown during the Southwest Classic against Arkansas on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023. (Ishika Samant/The Battalion)

Texas A&M football graduate wide receiver Ainias Smith was named the SEC Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 5, the conference announced Monday.
Smith had a career-high 131 punt return yards in the Aggies’ win over Arkansas on Sept. 30, including an 82-yard punt return touchdown that put the Maroon and White up 34-16 in the fourth quarter. He also had a 43-yard return on the Razorbacks’ next punt.
The score was the second special teams touchdown of Smith’s career, and the first since his 95-yard punt return against South Carolina in 2021. He currently leads the FBS in career punt return yards among active players and ranks seventh in all-time punt return yards amongst Aggies with 768 and is 14th on A&M’s all-purpose yards list with 3,384 yards after adding 202 in the win over Arkansas.
Smith and the Aggies will return to action Saturday, Oct. 7, as they host No. 11 Alabama at Kyle Field.