Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

A&M adds first two transfer portal additions

Photo by Photo by Chris Swann/The Battalion

Texas A&M Head Coach Mike Elko speaks to the audience for the first time since his hiring at the Kyle Field Hall of Champions on Monday, Nov. 27, 2023. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Following the entry of 15 players to the transfer portal, Texas A&M football picked up its first two additions to the team via the portal this weekend.
Kansas State sophomore cornerback Will “The Blanket” Lee III announced his commitment to the Aggies with a post on X on Sunday, Dec. 10, a day before Old Dominion redshirt junior wide receiver Javon Harvey posted his commitment on X.
Lee’s commitment adds depth to an A&M unit of defensive backs that has seen juniors Jardin Gilbert and Tyreek Chappell and sophomore Deuce Harmon enter the portal. The addition of Harvey fills a gap left by freshman Raymond Cottrell, who has committed to Kentucky.
Lee played just one season with the Wildcats after one season at Iowa Western Community College, where he led it to a NJCAA Championship victory. Lee was named an All-Big 12 Honorable Mention after picking up 42 tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss over 11 games. The Missouri native picked off two passes while deflecting eight others and forcing a fumble.
Across four seasons and 38 games with the Monarchs, Harvey caught 70 passes for eight touchdowns and 1,063 yards to average 15.2 yards per reception. In nine games in 2023, he reeled in 29 passes for four touchdowns and 391 yards after 30 catches for four scores and 558 yards in 2022. Harvey was utilized on special teams as well, with 20 tackles in his career.