A&M defensive lineman Zaycoven Henderson arrested Sunday Morning

Photo by Photo by C. Morgan Engel

Senior defensive-lineman Zaycoven Henderson races around the offensive line to reach the quarterback. The Aggies would finish with 3 sacks. 

Texas A&M senior defensive lineman Zaycoven Henderson was arrested by College Station Police early Sunday morning, now faces multiple felony charges after allegedly threatening several people outside an apartment complex with a rifle.
According to a statement from CSPD, officers responded to Campus Village Apartments at 2:27 a.m. Sunday morning following a report that two men had been seen pointing a firearm at people outside the apartments and threatening to kill them. Officers followed the suspect vehicle as it left the area, performed a traffic stop and detained Henderson, 23, along with the driver of the vehicle, 24-year-old Terry Lechler Florez Jr.
Before being detained, Henderson attempted to conceal the rifle by discarding it in a nearby wooded area, but officers were later able to locate it, according the CSPD statement.
Henderson has been charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison and/or a fine up to $10,000. Henderson is also charged with one count of tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony and possession of marijuana less than two ounces, a misdemeanor.
At time of press, Henderson is currently being held in the Brazos Valley County Jail on a $2,000 bond. A Texas A&M spokesperson told the Dallas Morning News that Henderson has been suspended indefinitely.
Henderson appeared in all 12 Aggie football games this season, recording 2.5 sacks, three quarterback hurries and 35 total tackles.
Saturday evening, Henderson along with the 13 other seniors on the A&M roster were honored at the 2017 Football Banquet held in the Hall of Champions within Kyle Field.
Texas A&M will face Wake Forest in the Belk Bowl on Dec. 29 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Kickoff is scheduled for 12 p.m. CT.