Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

A&M drops road matchup to Tennessee, 20-13

Chris Swann/The Battalion

Graduate WR Ainias Smith (0) runs with the ball towards the end zone during Texas A&M’s football game against Alabama at Kyle Field on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

The Texas A&M football team’s road struggles continued as it fell to Tennessee 20-13 in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Saturday, Oct. 14. The Aggies scored a touchdown on their opening drive but couldn’t find the end zone for the rest of the night.
A&M has now dropped its past eight road matchups, with the last win coming at Missouri in 2021. The Aggies fell to 4-3 overall and 2-2 in SEC play with the loss.
Sophomore quarterback Max Johnson completed 16 of 34 passes for 223 yards and two interceptions. He rushed for a touchdown but was held to -22 yards on the ground. The Maroon and White ran for 54 total yards.
Tennessee redshirt senior quarterback Joe Milton completed 11 of 22 passes for 100 yards, a touchdown and an interception. Redshirt senior tight end Jacob Warren’s lone reception was a 7-yard touchdown. Senior defensive back Dee Williams returned a punt 39 yards in the third quarter.
A&M was without sophomore defensive back Bryce Anderson. Junior linebacker Edgerrin Cooper, and sophomore defensive linemen Walter Nolen and Albert Regis each suffered injuries that knocked them out for the remainder of the game. Nolen was carted off the field.