A&M equestrian travels to face South Dakota State on Saturday

Photo By: Brian Okosun

The scrimmage offered an array of jumping, reining, and horsemanship events for spectators to observe, overall the team looked sharp and in tune with their horses.

The No. 4 Texas A&M equestrian team is looking to rebound from two consecutive losses in 2018 as they go into their spring opener this weekend against South Dakota State.
The Aggies are 4-2 on the season and 1-2 against Southeastern Conference opponents. A&M’s two losses were to No. 1 Auburn and No. 9 Georgia back in November.
A&M fell to Auburn by a score of 14-5 two weeks before a close 11-8 loss to Georgia at home. Before the pair of losses, the Aggies were ranked at No. 2.
South Dakota State is 2-1 so far this season, dropping a 5-9 decision to United Equestrian Conference opponent the University of Tennessee-Martin in their first meet last September.
Against Georgia, senior horsemanship rider Sarah Orsak and junior horsemanship rider Ashley Davidson each scored 78 points in their events, making for A&M’s highest scoring this season.
The Aggies will take on the Jackrabbits on Saturday at the Dehaan Equestrian Center in Brookings, South Dakota. The meet is set to begin at 9 a.m.