A&M hosts Galveston College after recent game postponed

A%26M+Softball
Photo by File
A&M Softball

After two shutout wins against Blinn College this past week, Aggie softball will continue its fall season against the Galveston College Whitecaps Tuesday at the Aggie Softball Complex.
The third game of the fall season was set to play Friday, but due to weather and possible tornado warnings, play was postponed. The game will be a single 10-inning game instead of two seven-inning games.
“With 10 innings, we just have to keep our focus, and not get distracted because sometimes there can be a lull with that many innings,” Texas A&M head coach Jo Evans said. “But my expectation is that we continue to play with great enthusiasm and that we’re consistent in what we’re doing.”
This game comes after a double header against Blinn College last Thursday, which resulted in a combined score of 23-0. In game one of the doubleheader, A&M won 12-0 thanks to  home runs from senior Cali Lanphear and sophomore Erica Russell. Aggie senior Breanna Dozier dominated at the plate for game two of the night going 3-for-3 with 3 homeruns and a total of 4 RBIs, leading A&M to a convincing 11-0 victory.
Following a 3-hit complete game shutout in her first of outing as an Aggie, sophomore transfer pitcher Trinity Harrington said she felt the Blinn College start allowed her to feel comfortable starting in the circle for the Aggies.
“Winning that first game, I feel like it finally engraved my spot on the team,” Harrington said. “Since I am a transfer student, I have to show that I’m worth transferring from a different school to here. So I was able to show my worth to my other teammates even though they’ve seen me in practice. I think really getting into that game situation opened a lot of new doors for the team and myself to finally get rooted down to the Aggie family.”
Sophomore Erica Russell, who had a strong outing in game one against Blinn College, said she feels particularly lucky to have the opportunity to play in front of her family and friends.
“It feels really good,” Russel said. “I have a big family support group. My family has helped me become who I was, and they have developed me into who I am. They are just a big part of my life. It’s just good to have them here.”
Texas A&M and Galveston will begin the 10-inning game at 4 p.m. at the Aggie Softball Complex.