Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

A&M men’s basketball ranked No.15 in preseason AP poll

Freshman F Solomon Washington (13) during the game vs Alabama on Sunday, March 12, 2022 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Tennessee.

One year after finishing second in the SEC and making the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2018, Texas A&M men’s basketball is ranked No.15 in the preseason AP poll for the first time since 2017.
The Aggies rank ahead of other programs like Kentucky, Texas, North Carolina and Baylor in the poll.
The Aggies, who started last year 8-5, surged in conference play, going 15-3 with wins over No. 20 Missouri, No. 15 Auburn and No. 11 Tennessee. A&M finished the season 25-10, losing to Penn State in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
The Maroon and White return almost their entire roster from last season, losing only guard Dexter Dennis to the NBA Draft.
Returning to Reed Arena this season are All-SEC selections junior Wade Taylor IV and senior Tyrece “Boots” Radford. Taylor was also named preseason SEC Player of the Year by Jon Rothstein of College Hoops Today.
In addition to the returning roster, the Aggies added junior guard Jace Carter from UIC and graduate Eli Lawrence from Middle Tennessee State. Carter was a second-team All-Missouri Valley conference selection last year, and led the Flames with 53 steals. Lawrence was a second-team All-Conference USA player last season, and led the Blue Raiders in points per game with 12.2.
The Aggies will play a charity exhibition against Texas Tech on Oct. 29 in Denton, and will open the season at home on Nov. 6 at Texas A&M-Commerce.