A&M set to square off against Oklahoma State in the Texas Bowl

Photo by Meredith Seaver

Wide receiver Ainias Smith breaks a Oklahoma State tackle.

In its first bowl appearance since the 2021 Orange Bowl, Texas A&M football is staying close to home and will face off against a former Big-12 foe in Oklahoma State in the TaxAct Texas Bowl.
Both schools’ last matchup against one another came in similar fashion, as the Aggies beat the Cowboys 24-21 in the 2019 Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl.
Oklahoma State is 9-4 and, after beginning the season 2-1 with a blowout loss to South Alabama, went 7-2 in conference play to make it to the Big 12 Championship game where they lost to Texas, 49-21.
Despite being hired last week, coach Mike Elko will not lead the Aggies in the bowl game, and Elijah Robinson will still be at the helm for A&M.
Sophomore quarterback Max Johnson has already found a new home in North Carolina, and with sophomore QB Conner Weigman sidelined for the season, sophomore QB Jaylen Henderson will get his fourth career start against the Cowboys.
All time, A&M leads the series against Oklahoma State 18-9, but the last 10 matchups are an even split at 5-5.
The game is set for Dec. 27 at 8 p.m., at NRG Stadium in Houston.