A&M softball tallies 20 in first four innings to drop Galveston 25-2

Softball
Photo by Photo by Alexis Will
Softball

The Aggie softball team is not slowing down anytime soon, as they scored 20 runs in the first four innings Tuesday night.

In the 10 inning game after being postponed last week, Texas A&M defeated Galveston College 25-2 at the Aggie Softball Complex.

Last week, A&M used its bats to drop Blinn College twice in a doubleheader, 12-0 and 11-0, respectively.

Against the Whitecaps, Aggie freshman pitcher Samantha Show retired the first three batters of the game, allowing the Aggies to strike first in the bottom half of the inning. They batted through the entire line-up, posting a 7-0 score.

With an almost wall-like defense backing Show, the Aggies quickly returned to the plate in the bottom of the second inning, adding two more runs to their lead. Sophomore Tori Vidales led the charge with a solo home run, and A&M led 9-0 after the second.

Along with pitching six of the 10 innings and allowing only two walks on the night for the Aggies, freshman Samantha Show had a strong outing for the Aggies at the plate, going 2-for-4 with two RBIs.

Texas A&M head coach Jo Evans said she was pleased with her team’s performance, but also saw room for improvement in trying to stay focused despite the score.

“I thought we just got a little bit careless at the plate and I thought our players did a good job to settle in at that point,” Evans said. “We just talked about having our best at-bat that last inning and Celena Massey did a good job setting the tone for us, got a couple of hits in that inning and just got the energy back.”
The Aggies will be back in action at 5 p.m. Wednesday night against Temple College at the Aggie Softball Complex.