A&M swim program lands top miler Hayden Miller from Florida

Photo by Photo by Robert O’Brien

Sophomore Anze Fers Erzen competes in the championship final of the Men’s 400 Yard IM during the 2023 SEC Swimming & Diving Championships at the Rec Center Natatorium on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022.

Following a successful 2022-2023 campaign, the Texas A&M women’s swimming team got reinforcements and landed Florida recruit Hayden Miller, one of the best long-distance swimmers in the country.
Miller finished her freshman year at Florida, where she helped the women’s team earn a final ranking of sixth. According to SwimSwam.com, Miller was the top miler in last year’s recruiting class and had a terrific first year. She swam personal bests at the SEC Championships, finishing fifth in the mile as well as eighth in the 500-yard freestyle.
She ended the season as an NCAA Championship qualifier, a rare feat for freshman swimmers. Miller ended her high school career as the 2022 6A Texas High School State Champion in distance events 200-yard and 500 freestyle and will have a Texas reunion with the transfer to A&M.
With a final ranking of 25, the maroon and white will look to improve with the addition of Miller.