No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

A&M tabbed fourth in West in preseason poll

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Sophomore Trayveon Williams had 17 carries for 72 yards and a touchdown.

Texas A&M was picked to finish fourth in the SEC West by the media in its annual preseason poll released Friday morning.
Alabama was tabbed first in the West and the Crimson Tide were picked to beat Georgia, the predicted Eastern winner, for the SEC Championship.
Five Aggies earned preseason All-SEC status.
Junior running back Trayveon Williams and senior kicker Daniel LaCamera held the Aggies’ highest honors being named to the Second Team.
Williams led A&M in rushing last season with 798 yards and eight touchdowns. LaCamera was a near-perfect 51-of-52 on PATs in 2017 and connected on 18-of-21 field goals with a long of 52 yards.
Three Aggies earned Third Team honors, including redshirt junior center Erik McCoy, senior defensive end Landis Durham and junior defensive tackle Kingsley Keke.
McCoy has started in all 26 games during his career at A&M, and despite being listed as a center, it is unclear whether he will be the Aggies’ snapper or shift over to guard. Durham is the SEC’s reigning sack leader after taking down the quarterback 10.5 times in 2017. Keke recorded 54 tackles last season and recovered a team-best two fumbles.
Junior linebacker Tyrel Dodson was left off the preseason All-SEC list despite returning as A&M’s leading tackler.
The Aggies open their season on Aug. 30 against Northwestern State.