A&M tailback Jashaun Corbin to miss remainder of season with hamstring injury

Photo by Paul Burke

Sophomore running back Jashaun Corbin will be out of the Aggie lineup for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury. He left the Clemson game during the third quarter after coming down on his leg wrong. With Corbin out, true freshman Isaiah Spiller will be filling the starting role.

After going down late in Saturday’s matchup with No. 1 Clemson, Texas A&M starting tailback Jashaun Corbin will miss the rest of the season with a hamstring injury, head coach Jimbo Fisher announced Monday.
The extent of the injury is unknown.
The sophomore was expected to be a large part of the rushing offense for the Aggies in 2019, and was compared to former-A&M tailback Trayveon Williams. In 2018, Corbin ran for 346 yards and was a key special teams returner.
Corbin finished the season with 35 rushing attempts for 137 yards and a touchdown.
Fisher said that the rotation will not change at tailback, but true freshman Isaiah Spiller will be the starter going forward. Sophomore Jacob Kibodi will be the second-string tailback, with Cordarrian Richdardson and Deneric Prince set to receive reps as well.
A&M faces FCS opponent Lamar on Saturday, Sept. 14 at Kyle Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. and will be televised on ESPNU.