A&M vs. Ole Miss: Injury report

Injury+Report
Photo by FILE
Injury Report

Otaro Alaka, Texas A&M linebacker

Head coach Kevin Sumlin confirmed in Tuesday’s news conference that Alaka is indeed out for the season with a torn labrum. The young, talented linebacker has battled a variety of injuries this year, but this one proved to be more serious, as he will have surgery to repair his shoulder and will potentially be full strength for next season. Sumlin also said the university would apply for a medical redshirt for Alaka, which would give him another year of eligibility.

James White, Texas A&M running back

The sophomore running back has supposedly been “day-to-day” this entire season, but he has only recorded snaps in the Arizona State and Mississippi State games. It appears that he will be back soon to provide the Aggies with much-needed backfield depth, but Aggie fans shouldn’t get their hopes up. 

Speedy Noil, Texas A&M wide receiver

Noil was back in action last week against Alabama after missing the previous two games, but he still doesn’t appear to be at full strength. He managed only one catch for 15 yards against the Crimson Tide and has not topped three catches or 40 yards in any game this season. A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital said Noil’s role will increase as the team gets farther into its SEC schedule, so keep an eye on this playmaker.

Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss defensive tackle

One of the most highly-touted recruits in recent memory and arguably the Rebels best defensive player, Nkemdiche surprisingly suffered a concussion last week against Memphis while playing offense. But mulitple reports on Thursday night  said he has been cleared to play. 

Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss offensive tackle

Although not injured, the previously-suspended Tunsil will make his season debut against A&M on Saturday, as his NCAA suspension concludes after he faced criminal allegations. Tunsil will have his hands full against the Aggies defensive end studs Garrett and Hall. Tunsil, a projected top-10 draft pick before his suspension, will see if he is rusty lining up against the two.

Robert Conyers, Ole Miss center

The junior center suffered a torn ACL against Memphis and is officially done for the season. His absence leaves the Rebels in disarray on the offensive line. According to the depth chart posted by Freeze for this week, Ole Miss will have only one offensive lineman starting at the same spot as last game, and that is freshman guard Javon Patterson. Even with the return of Tunsil, the potent Aggie defensive line could be in line for a productive Saturday.

• Injury Report

Photo by Photo By: Bryan Johnson