There continues to be an increase in Aggies working in D.C. The PPIP program at A&M is one instrumental program for students to shape their careers. (Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Why D.C. wants all the Aggies
Stacy Cox, News Reporter • April 22, 2024

More Aggies are calling Washington, D.C. home than ever with the aid of programs like the Public Policy Internship Program, or PPIP. The program...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of Aggie Replant pick up trash at Aggie Park on Feb. 5, 2024. (Photo courtesy of Mayra Puga)
Aggies come together to promote sustainability
Ayena Kaleemullah, Life & Arts Writer • April 22, 2024

As Earth Day arrives in Aggieland, talks about environmental action are growing. From planting trees to creating an impactful sustainable lifestyle,...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

A&M women’s lacrosse upsets Texas in Lone Star Showdown

A&M women’s lacrosse senior goalie Kaylynn Collins calls out to a defender during the Feb. 17 win over UT at Penberthy Rec Center. (Photo by Samuel Sidarous, JOUR 359 contributor)

The women’s lacrosse team got revenge on Saturday, Feb. 17 with an 8-7 win at home against the University of Texas with the go-ahead score coming in the final 25 seconds of regulation play.

After a 5-10 loss in Austin during the Aggie’s 2023 matchup against the Longhorns, the Maroon and White won the first home match of the season bringing them to 1-3 overall against the 0-5 Longhorns.
The Aggies were on top in the first quarter after 2 points by senior midfielder Ayvree Pustari and sophomore attacker Olivia Zander.

Cutting and dodging by the Longhorns plus field awareness and on-field communication led to a Longhorn goal. The Maroon and White answered back in the second quarter controlling the crease, cutting and with feed passes to end the first half with the Aggies up 5-3 against the Longhorns.

The Aggies held the lead in the third quarter keeping on-field communication high, but the defense was unable to keep the Longhorns from scoring and briefly taking the lead leading to a nail-biting finish. UT managed to keep the score tied 7-7 until the last 25 seconds of the game when the Aggies scored the go-ahead point to make it 8-7. A&M kept attacking to run down the clock in the final seconds while the Aggie defense was able to hold on for a Maroon and White win in the Lone Star Showdown.

The Aggies will next host against SMU at 12 p.m. and Texas State at 3 p.m. on Feb. 25 at Penberthy.

Samuel Sidarous is a journalism sophomore and contributed this article from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.