Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Prager (18) dlivers a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Kentucky at the NCAA Men’s College World Series at in Omaha, Nebraska on Monday, June 17, 2024. Prager went for 6.2 innings, allowing two hits and zero runs. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Anriel Howard looking into possible transfer

Photo by Photo by Jesse Everett

Junior Anriel Howard scored 26 points, including 2 three-pointers in the loss to Notre Dame.

Texas A&M women’s basketball forward is exploring her options to transfer to another university for her senior season. Howard is set to graduate in August and could transfer as a graduate transfer and not be forced to forfeit a year of eligibility. 
Word of Howard exploring other options came out on social media on Sunday with a press release from Bret McCormick, women’s basketball recruiting analyst. Che Howard, Anriel’s mother confirmed that she was looking into other options to The Battalion’s Ryan MacDonald on Sunday night.
Howard averaged a career-high 12.1 points and 12.2 rebounds last season including 26 points and 14 rebounds in A&M’s Sweet 16 loss to Notre Dame. 
If Howard ends up leaving, she will finish tied for the A&M career rebounding average and ranks sixth in double-doubles with 13. 
Texas A&M finished No. 14 in the final Associated Press Poll after falling to the eventual national champion Notre Dame in the Sweet 16, 90-84. 
After the game head coach Gary Blair was confident that his team would be even better next year with the additions of transfers Aaliyah Wilson and Ciera Johnson.