Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Around the Country: Week 13

Photo by Julianne Shivers

The Corps of Cadets form a T on the field at half time during Texas A&M’s game against ACU o Saturday Nov. 18, 2023 at Kyle Field. (Julianne Shivers/ The Battalion)

UTSA @ No. 24 Tulane
Friday, Nov. 24 — Yulman Stadium — New Orleans, Louisiana
2:30 p.m. on ABC
There’s a lot of talk about UTSA’s Jeff Traylor becoming A&M’s next head coach, but the roadrunners enter this matchup riding a seven-game winning streak.
Senior quarterback Frank Harris is a big part of UTSA’s success this year. He has thrown for over 2,300 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. The roadrunners lost senior receiver Zakhari Franklin to Ole Miss over the offseason, but senior receiver Joshua Cephus has done a great job filling in. Cephus has 966 yards on 76 catches with nine touchdowns entering this game.
On the other hand, Tulane junior quarterback Michael Pratt has continued his great play from last season. Pratt has the Green Wave at 10-1, however he didn’t play in Tulane’s 37-20 loss to Ole Miss earlier in the season.
A big part of Tulane’s offensive attack is the run game. Freshman Makhi Hughes has taken the majority of the carries this year. Hughes has over 1,000 yards rushing, six touchdowns and is averaging just over five yards per carry.
Both offenses have shown the ability to put up points this year. Tulane is averaging 29 points per game while UTSA averages 33. Expect Tulane to win a high-scoring game.
Prediction: Tulane 38, UTSA 34
No. 11 Oregon State @ No. 6 Oregon
Friday, Nov. 24 — Autzen Stadium — Eugene, Oregon
7:30 p.m. on FOX
In a time of giving thanks, a Civil War is brewing on Friday between No. 6 Oregon and No. 11 Oregon State.
Though the Ducks have dominated the rivalry, the Beavers came out on top last season. However, with a Heisman-type season by Oregon graduate quarterback Bo Nix, the tide seems to be in the Ducks’ favor once again.
Nix has led the Ducks to the No. 2 overall offense in the country, shredding defense to accumulate 35 touchdowns to just two interceptions. He’s gone toe-to-toe against fellow Heisman candidates Caleb Williams and Michael Penix Jr and will be a force against a Beavers defense that is not highly ranked in the pass game.
Oregon State has also had a productive season. The Beavers upsetted then-No. 10 Utah and just barely lost to Penix Jr. ‘s No. 5 Washington. However, the defense held Penix Jr. to one of his worst games of the season with just 162 yards and a 46.4% completion rate.
It’ll be a slugfest between the two Oregonites but with an offense that’s firing on all engines led by Nix, this year’s Civil War winner will more than likely go back to Oregon.
Prediction: Oregon 41, Oregon State 35
Air Force Falcons @ Boise State Broncos
Friday, Nov. 24 — Albertsons Stadium — Boise, Idaho
3:00 p.m. on FS1
This game carries huge implications regarding the Mountain West Championship game. With both of these teams tied with a conference record of 5-2 the winner will see themselves punch a ticket to Sin City and take on the UNLV Rebels.
The men who call the blue field home are favorites in this matchup, as the Air Force is getting 6.5 points from the spread according to ESPN Bet. However, these two teams have had very different seasons leading up to this end-of-the-year battle.
Boise is 6-5 and went a majority of the year without their starting quarterback, sophomore Taylen Green who went down in a week five matchup against the Memphis Tigers. Stepping in under center was true freshman Maddux Madsen, who managed to hold down the fort for the Broncos.
The Air Force on the other hand has lost all hope for what once seemed like a season destined for success. Once upon a time, this squadron was ranked No. 25 and undefeated at 8-0. They have been blindsided by recent opponents dropping three straight, losing their once tight grip on the No. 1 spot in the Mountain West.
To the victor go the spoils here, as not only does the winner get a chance to face UNLV in the conference championship, but they will also reach six wins therefore gaining bowl eligibility in the postseason.
Prediction: Boise State 35, Air Force 31